miércoles, 4 de julio de 2012

Idioms

Arm in arm

Meaning: With one person's arm linked around another's; also, closely allied or intimate,

Examples
- They walked across the beach arm in arm.
- This candidate is arm in arm with the party's liberal wing.

Get the hang of something

Meaning: If you get the hang of something, it means that you have started to do it properly. You are not a expert yet, but you have understood the basic idea.
Example: Once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty easy.

Put words in somebody’s mouth

- Meaning: If you claim, wrongly, that someone has said something, or suggest what they should say, you are putting words in their mouth.
- Example: You’re putting words in my mouth. I did not say I saw Mr. Brown; I said I saw his car!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario